Require More Info or book?Enquire
$7,179 per person
$6,954 per person
Promo Code: DT1CG8QO
Keep a lookout for a jaw-dropping range of wildlife on this spellbinding trip that includes a visit to Yoho National Park and the Columbia Icefields.
Bonus: 3 free gifts for you, worth up to $800 in value per couple!
1x hotel night, 1x transfer, 1x dinner
Your Rocky Mountaineer rail journey includes:
- 2 days onboard Rocky Mountaineer
- 8 nights hotel accommodation
- A total of 10 meals – 4 breakfasts & 6 lunches
- Select activities and tours
Advertised price is based on select departures in May 2020, Vancouver to Calgary. Rail journey operates from 13 April - 08 October 2020. Call us for a full list of dates and prices.
Activities & Tours
- Yoho Park Tour, Lake Louise to Banff (or reverse)
- Icefields Parkway Tour, including Ice Explorer, Jasper to Lake Louise (or reverse)
- Banff Tour, including Banff Gondola
- National Park Pass
Day 1. Vancouver
Arrive in Vancouver and spend time exploring this scenic city on your own. Overnight in Vancouver.
SilverLeaf Hotel: Sheraton Wall Centre, GoldLeaf Hotel: Sutton Place Hotel
Day 2. Vancouver to Kamloops
Travel onboard the Rocky Mountaineer from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia’s interior. On today’s journey you will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the desert-like environment of the BC interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell’s Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. Your day concludes as the Rocky Mountaineer travels along the shores of Kamloops Lake into Kamloops. Overnight in Kamloops. (B/L)
Day 3. Kamloops to Jasper
Your journey continues north and east to the mighty Canadian Rockies and the province of Alberta. Once again you will be surrounded by dramatic scenery as you follow the banks of the North Thompson River through the Monashee and Cariboo Mountains, climbing ever nearer to the high peaks of the Continental Divide. Today’s highlights include Mount Robson, at 3,954 metres (12,972 feet) the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, Pyramid Falls, and the climb over the Yellowhead Pass into Jasper National Park. Your rail journey ends this evening on arrival in the resort town of Jasper. Overnight in Jasper.
SilverLeaf Hotel: The Crimson Jasper Hotel, GoldLeaf Hotel: Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Day 4. Jasper – Lake Louise
ravel to Lake Louise via one of the most scenic highways in the world, the Icefields Parkway. Among the highlights are Bow Lake, the Columbia Icefield, Glacier Skywalk and Athabasca Falls. The Columbia Icefield is one of the largest accumulations of ice south of the Arctic Circle and one of the most accessible icefields in North America. Here you will ride on an Ice Explorer to the middle of the Athabasca Glacier to learn more about its geological features. Lunch is included at the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre. Afterwards, a brief stop will be made at Bow Lake before arriving in Lake Louise this afternoon. Overnight in Lake Louise.
SilverLeaf Hotel: Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, GoldLeaf Hotel: Post Hotel & Spa
Day 5. Lake Louise - Banff
This morning you are free to explore beautiful Lake Louise on your own. After lunch, a half-day tour takes you into Yoho National Park to view some of its natural wonders. Among the attractions are the Spiral Tunnels, Emerald Lake and a natural rock bridge that spans the Kicking Horse River. At the end of the tour you will be transferred to Banff. Overnight in Banff. Please note: While departure from The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise will be approximately 2:00 p.m., scheduled checkout time is normally 12:00 p.m. Your luggage will be stored upon checkout and you are free to enjoy the amenities of the hotel before the tour departs.
SilverLeaf Hotel: Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa, GoldLeaf Hotel: Royal Canadian Lodge (formerly Delta)
Day 6. Banff
This morning, enjoy a sightseeing tour of Banff and Banff National Park. Among the highlights are visits to Bow Falls, the Banff Gondola (admission included), a lake cruise on Lake Minnewanka, Surprise Corner and the Hoodoos. Lunch is included. Overnight in Banff. Note: In the event the lake cruise is not operating, interpretive experiences will be offered on the history of the founding of Banff, sampling of authentic Canadian treats, and hands-on interpretation of local flora and fauna. SilverLeaf Hotel: Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa, GoldLeaf Hotel: Royal Canadian Lodge (formerly Delta)
Day 7. Banff - Kamloops
Travel onboard the Rocky Mountaineer from the mountain town of Banff to Kamloops, in the heart of the British Columbia Interior. Your journey takes you through a spectacular array of scenery as you travel between the glacier and snow-capped peaks of the Canadian Rockies, over mountain passes and through remarkable tunnels, along rocky lakeshores and across the ranchlands of the Interior. Today’s highlights include the Continental Divide, the Spiral Tunnels, Kicking Horse Canyon, Rogers Pass and Craigellachie, where the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven. Overnight in Kamloops.
Day 8. Kamloops to Vancouver
Your journey continues west towards the Pacific Ocean and the coastal city of Vancouver. On today’s journey you will again see dramatic changes in scenery, from the desert-like environment of the Interior, through winding river canyons and pristine forests, to the Coast and Cascade Mountains and the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley. Highlights include the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River and the rushing waters of Hell’s Gate in the Fraser Canyon. Your rail journey ends on arrival in Vancouver this evening. Overnight in Vancouver.
SilverLeaf Hotel: Georgian Court Hotel , GoldLeaf Hotel: Sutton Place Hotel
Your journey ends upon checkout from your Vancouver Hotel.
* “30th Anniversary Promo” offer (“Offer”) applies only to new 2020 bookings made by February 7th, 2020 for qualifying Rocky Mountaineer itineraries booked in GoldLeaf or SilverLeaf Service for travel during the 2020 Rocky Mountaineer season on selected dates. Offer is per booking and applies to single, double, triple or quad occupancy bookings of 8 days/7 nights or more, must be requested and applied at the time of booking and will not be automatically allocated or retroactively added. Free Perks are: (a) one additional hotel night in Vancouver, Calgary, Victoria, Banff, Jasper or Lake Louise. Additional hotel night must match the accommodation grade and occupancy level of package booked and must be booked as a consecutive night at the same hotel that you begin or end your package; (b) one private standard airport transfer in Vancouver or Calgary; and (c) one set-menu dinner at a selected package hotel (not available on rail days). Transfer and dinner are for number of persons on corresponding booking. Guests booking 5–7 day itineraries may take advantage of the “Two Free Gifts” offer ((a) one hotel night and (b) one airport transfer) with the same terms, conditions and restrictions as set out above. All free perks are subject to availability. All bookings are subject to the full booking terms and conditions. Full terms and conditions are available at rockymountaineer.com. Additional conditions apply.