Require More Info or book?Enquire
$850 per person
$850 per person
Promo Code: DTK81A5
Indulge your inner gardener on a journey that combines Canberra’s spectacular Floriade event and the Bowral Tulip Time Festival with an exploration of the verdant Southern Highlands, Parliament House Canberra and the moving Australian War Memorial. You’ll also enjoy lunch on a working pastoral property.
Your Guided Holiday Includes:
- 2 nights accommodation
- 5 meals
- Select sightseeing
- Travel by luxury coach
- Experienced Travel Director & Driver Guide
- Airport transfers
Price is based on 18 September 2020 tour departure. Other dates available.
- Start with a guided walk of the grounds and spend the day experiencing the festivities at your own pace.
- Explore the grounds at your own pace following a guided tour of the grounds.
- Learn about the history and stories of Parliament House and the Australian War Memorial, led by your local specialist guide.
- Give back to the community by shopping at the local markets and supporting local artists.
Choose This Trip If You'd Love To:
- Spend three days with like-minded travellers
- Join a sheep farmer for a barbecue lunch on his farm
- Tour Parliament House with a local expert
- Explore the Australian War Memorial
- Become enveloped in masses of blooms at Floriade
- Visit Bowral during the tulip season
- Celebrate your trip with friends at a Devonshire Tea
Day 1 / Sydney – Canberra
Depart Sydney at 7.30am with your experienced Driver Guide and travel through the rolling hills and verdant pastures of the Southern Highlands. Pause at historic Berrima to see its convict-era sandstone gaol, then visit Gold Creek Station to meet a local grazier and enjoy a barbecue lunch. Gold Creek is a working pastoral property that currently runs merino sheep and beef cattle. On arrival in Canberra, join a local guide for a tour of Parliament House, the seat of the nation’s government. Built almost entirely of Australian materials, 10,000 people worked its construction. Visit the Australian War Memorial, which brings together a world-class museum, a shrine and an extensive archive. Hear an evocative lament before departing for your hotel. Enjoy dinner at your hotel with your travelling companions. Please note: As this holiday departs at 7.30am from Rydges Sydney Central, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night.
Day 2 / Floriade & Canberra
Today, enjoy the spectacle and festivities of Floriade 2020. Originally developed as a floral display to celebrate Australia’s Bicentenary and Canberra’s 75th birthday, this month long festival attracts more than 480,000 attendees per year. Start the day with a guided walk of the grounds. The rest of the day is free for you to enjoy not only over a million flowers but also markets, sculptures, workshops and live music.
Day 3 / Southern Highlands – Sydney
Discover the Southern Highlands at the outset of the Tulip Season in Bowral. Enjoy a leisurely stroll among the garden beds blooming with colour. This afternoon, a Devonshire Tea of hot scones with jam and cream awaits you in the quaint town of Mittagong. Your colourful weekend concludes on arrival in Sydney this evening at approximately 6.00pm.