Require More Info or book?Enquire
$2,699 per person
$2,599 per person
Promo Code: DTA6HVT
Wander along winding canals and cruise on mountain-lined lakes as you take in the essence of Northern Italy. Settle in for a 3-night stay in Padua, an ancient city of Veneto, and delve into the city’s culture on a walking tour. Embark on a guided tour of Venice and enjoy a free afternoon to do as you please. Witness the sinking castle of Sirmione. Relax during a leisurely 4-night stay on the shores of Lake Maggiore. Cruise the waters frequented by the rich and famous on Lake Como. From the stone bridges of Padua to the deep blue waters of Lake Maggiore, allow the beauty of Italy to move you.
Your Guided Holiday Includes:
- 7 nights accommodation in 4 star hotels
- 10 meals - 7 breakfasts & 3 dinners
- Select sightseeing + more
Price based on 1 October 2020 - 5 November 2020 departures
At a glance:
- Witness a glassblowing demonstration on Murano Island. Cruise Lake Como, a beloved retreat of the rich and famous.
- Visit Padua, an ancient riverside city rooted in the legacy. According to legend, the city was founded by a mythical hero who escaped from Troy. Some of its most famous sites includes the Basilica of St. Anthony, an ornate 13th century cathedral.
St. Mark’s Square
- The Piazza San Marco (or St. Mark’s Square) is the political, social and religious center of Venetian life. It is the only area of Venice given the name piazza, all other open spaces are referred to as campo, meaning field. The piazza is surrounded on three sides by the 16th century offices of the city, called Procuratie. At the end of the square is the elaborate Basilica of San Marco with great arches covered in elaborate carvings, marble columns and glass mosaics. It is said that Napoleon called the Piazza San Marco the 'drawing room of Europe.'
- Lake Garda is Italy’s largest lake and is also a historic site of some of the region’s biggest battles throughout history. The lake covers an area around 143 square miles. It is estimated that people have settled around the lake for 4,000 years. Sectons of the lake are over 1,100 feet deep.
- Explore the village of Sirmione, set along a peninsula jutting out into Lake Garda. Amble along its narrow medieval streets, relax alongside the bright blue waters, and see the village’s famous sinking castle – the result of medieval port fortification and rising waters.
Day 1. Padua, Italy
Your journey begins in Padua, an ancient city rooted in legend. Set in the picturesque Veneto region, some believe that Padua was founded by war heroes after the fall of Troy. The Bacchiglione River carves its way through the town, resulting in lovely riverside promenades and stone step-bridges. Meet your fellow travelers while enjoying a taste of Italian culture at a welcome dinner. Truly get to know the town’s legacy as you settle into your home for the next 3 nights. Accommodation: Methis Hotel and Spa Meals: Dinner
Day 2. Padua - Murano - Venice - Padua
Start your day with a visit to Murano Island,* known for its intricate glass making. Witness a glassblowing demonstration, providing a glimpse into the methods behind this fine art. Feel the grandeur of the past come alive as you make your way to Venice, a floating labyrinth settled on a lagoon. Pass through the sprawling St. Mark’s Square with an expert guide and admire the Campanile, a brick bell tower that rises above the piazza. Step outside the main square and explore the Castello district, making your way past historic buildings and architecture as you walk the narrow streets. Enjoy an afternoon in Venice at leisure. Perhaps you will opt for a gondola ride through the postcard-worthy canals, taking in the city from a different perspective. Accommodation: Methis Hotel and Spa Meals: Breakfast
Day 3. Padua
Start the morning by strolling the streets of Padua with your guide. Make your way inside the Basilica of St. Anthony, a stately cathedral built in the 13th century. Engage with locals and feel the dynamic energy as you walk along open-air markets and street vendors setting up shop in the piazzas. Pass by the ornate Palazzo della Ragione, the former meeting place for the town’s council. Feel the history in the air when you see Caffe Pedrocchi, a famous coffee shop frequented by the intellectuals that influenced the Italian Risorgimento of the 19th century. The rest of the day is yours to discover the town however you wish. Perhaps you will choose to go on an exclusive optional tour down the Brenta Canal, enjoying an aperitif on your private boat as you admire the opulent homes on the water’s edge. Accommodation: Methis Hotel and Spa Meals: Breakfast
Day 4. Padua - Lake Garda - Lake Maggiore
This morning, head to Sirmione, an old village situated on the shores of Lake Garda. Embark on a boat ride through the Sirmione peninsula and see the famous sinking castle. Enjoy time at leisure to discover the narrow streets or simply relax alongside the bright blue waves of the lake. End the day next to Lake Maggiore, a stunning Italian lake, and toast to the start of your leisurely 4-night stay. Accommodation: Zacchera Hotels Meals: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 5. Lake Maggiore
Enjoy the day at leisure to explore the nearby lakeside streets. Perhaps you’ll take an optional tour and coast along the ethereal water of Lake Maggiore by boat for an up-close look at the Borromean Islands before docking at Isola Bella, known as the “beautiful island.” Join an expert guide and venture into the Borromeo Palace, a seaside Baroque beauty with an exotic garden. Then, return to your boat and cruise by the remaining Borromean Islands. Accommodation: Zacchera Hotels Meals: Breakfast
Day 6. Lake Maggiore
The entire day is yours. You might soak up the sun on the beach, relax in an outdoor café, or head out on the waves by boat. Perhaps you will take an optional tour to Lugano, Switzerland to see the lake from the other side of the Italian border. Accommodation: Zacchera Hotels Meals: Breakfast
Day 7. Lake Maggiore - Lake Como - Lake Maggiore
Indulge in a day of sunshine and scenic peaks at the paradise of Lake Como, nestled against the Alps and a beloved retreat for the rich and famous. Enjoy a guided cruise of the waters before stopping in Bellagio, an ancient peninsula that fosters winding streets and unparalleled views. Enjoy some free time to discover the city’s secrets on your own. Return to Lake Maggiore and venture to Isola dei Pescatori** by boat, enjoying a farewell dinner of local cuisine to celebrate the end of your trip. Accommodation: Zacchera Hotels Meals: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 8. Lake Maggiore - Tour Ends
Wish Italy arriverderci as your tour comes to a close today. Meals: Breakfast
Prices listed are per person in Australian Dollars, based on twin occupancy, including all discounts unless otherwise stated. The offer is subject to availability at time of booking. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Prices/Offers are correct as at 26 September 2019 and can be withdrawn without notice. Visas are not included. Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.