Require More Info or book?More Info
Promo Code: DTQV2QN
Your 8 day tour includes:
- 7 nights in 3-4 star and heritage hotels
- 7 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- Touring of Delhi, Jaipur, Bharatpur and Agra
- Airport arrival and departure transfers on day 1 and day 8
- Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides at some sites
- Travel by jeep to the Amber Fort in Jaipur
- Escorted by an English-speaking Indian tour guide
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Abhaneri Step Well - famous and iconic 9th century stepwell
- Rickshaw ride around Keoladeo Ghana National Park - a UNESCO Heritage site famous for its amazing array of birdlife
- The spectacular Taj Mahal - India's most famous monument in all its glory at sunset
- Fatehpur Sikri - an ancient abandoned Mughal city
- Bharatpur - rural India at its friendliest
- Agra - the beautiful Agra Fort
- The Pink City of Jaipur - the lofty Amber Fort, the regal City Palace and the ancient observatory of Jantar Mantar
- Old and New Delhi - Humayun's Tomb, India's largest mosque Jama Masjid and Gandhi's crematorium Raj Ghat. Take a Rickshaw ride through Delhi's backstreets.
Price is based on 04 May departure date. Tour departures from 26 January - 28 December 2019
Day 1: Delhi
Saturday. Upon arrival into Delhi, you'll be met at the airport and transferred to the hotel. The remainder of the day is free to relax or independently explore this bustling capital.
Day 2: Old Delhi & New
This morning, our Welcome Meeting takes place. We then enjoy a full day sightseeing tour of Old and New Delhi, taking in Humayun's Tomb, Jama Masjid - India’s oldest and largest mosque and Raj Ghat - the site of Gandhi’s cremation in Old Delhi, and in New Delhi Rajpath and India Gate. Tonight, we enjoy a group Namaste dinner at our hotel.
Overnight: Delhi | Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3: Jaipur - the Pink City!
Delhi - Jaipur. Today we drive to Jaipur. Affectionately known as the Pink City because Maharaja Ram Singh had all of the Old City painted a welcoming pink in 1876 to herald a visit by the Prince of Wales (later King Edward VII), it is also the bustling capital of the state of Rajasthan. This afternoon we enjoy a tour of the City Palace and Jantar Mantar - an ancient yet cleverly designed space observatory. Watch out for snake charmers along the way.
Overnight: Jaipur | Breakfast
Day 4: Amber Fort
Early-risers can opt for a morning hot air balloon ride over Jaipur, and sail over hilltop forts, regal palaces, sleepy villages, and stone carved temples. Then we travel beyond Jaipur to the stunning 16th century Amber Fort - a sprawling Rajput construction, perched on a hillside overlooks the dusty plains below. Before returning to Jaipur we stop at a cotton weaving house to see a demonstration of fabric dyeing and block printing.
Overnight: Jaipur | Breakfast
Day 5: Village life
Jaipur - Abhaneri - Bharatpur. Departing Jaipur we stop in the village of Abhaneri to see Chand Baori, which is the largest and deepest step well in the world. This incredible well has a staggering 3500 steps and is 13 stories deep. Then we gain an insight into local village life, visiting Adarsh Vidya Mandir local school (if open) where we operate our ‘Change for Children’ programme. After hotel check in at Bharatpur and time to freshen up we visit Keoladeo Ghana National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where we’ll enjoy a leisurely bicycle rickshaw ride through the park.
Overnight: Bharatpur | Breakfast, Dinner
Day 6: Taj Mahal
Bharatpur - Agra. En route to Agra, we visit Fatehpur Sikri, former imperial capital of the great Mughal emperor Akbar. Built between 1569 and 1585, it has been deserted for more than four centuries, by all accounts abandoned in 1600 due to a meagre supply of water. In Agra, we visit the impressive Agra Fort before touring the legendary Taj Mahal. Built by Emperor Shah Jahan in loving memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz, who tragically died in childbirth in 1631, the Taj Mahal is described as the most extravagant monument ever built for love and remains one of India’s most enduring symbols.
Overnight: Agra | Breakfast
Day 7: Onward to Delhi
Agra - Delhi. After breakfast we return to Delhi, the latter part of the afternoon is free for you to relax or independently explore the city.
Overnight: Delhi | Breakfast
Day 8: Delhi
Saturday. Our tour concludes after breakfast. Included departure transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Prices listed are per person twin share in Australian Dollars, based on twin occupancy, including all discounts unless otherwise stated. The offer is subject to availability at time of booking. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Prices are correct as at 9 January 2019 and can be withdrawn without notice.